You probably know it from Netflix, Spotify or Amazon: Based on your film / music / book taste, suggestions that the algorithm recommends are continuously popping up and increasingly actually correspond to the taste of the users. This is how these companies want to create customer loyalty through personalized offers and strengthen themselves in the competition.
In order to be able to keep up in stationary retail, you should definitely think about personalized offers as well, because your customers will expect them.
What offers do customers expect?
Customers do not find every offer attractive. Often they are even tired of all the offers that are constantly being advertised but rarely meet individual needs. In addition to personal advice, high-quality & selected products or regular customer events, personalized offers in particular have great potential in retail to meet customers' expectations, to attach them to the company and thus to operate with increased sales in a sustainable manner.
According to a Google study, 90% of leading marketing managers state that personalization has a significant role in the profitability of their companies.
Other studies show that people who feel understood through personalization are more likely to use the company's offers. This in turn leads to a better customer experience. Personalized offers are therefore the number 1 to build long-term and satisfied customer relationships.
What does personalization of offers actually mean?
In short, personalization means:
- Marketing activities are tailored to the interests and needs of the individual customer.
- Algorithms can be used to determine which preferences individual customers have.
- The following three aspects are essential for personalization: the right Productthe right time,the right communication channel
- Long-term customer loyaltyy, increased activity or keeping up with the competition are advantages for the use of personalization in marketing.
Personalized offers in stationary retail
Although the marketing budget of brick-and-mortar retailers is steadily increasing, sales are slow to follow, so that doubled marketing expenses often only result in a 20-30% increase in sales. This is mainly due to unspecified offers. As already mentioned, it is time to switch to personalized offers. Online retail has made the start, but thanks to new digital solutions, it is no longer rocket science to respond to customer needs with individual offers, even in stationary retail. With the purchase information collected (e.g. via the shopping cart or the purchase history) of the customers, suitable articles can be recommended or offered. You wonder how this works? We’ve got something for you!
Personalization in stationary retail with Leaf
In order to address your customers in everyday brick-and-mortar business and to retain them in the long term with personalized offers, you can easily use our digital, smart receipts.
How does it work?
1. Your customers scan their receipt using a QR-Code and open it in their smartphone browser.
2. Use the different surface areas on the receipt to provide your customers with offers that you can freely choose and design.
3. Adjust offers on the digital receipt, e.g. to the current shopping cart. There are no limits to your creativity when it comes to offers and you can vary and try as you like.